- Google Adwords has a free keyword research tool that can be used whether or not you are running a pay per click campaign. This tool can help you find out which phrases are ranking in your industry. Knowing which phrases to target and knowing which phrases are the most competitive in your niche can help you plan a successful keyword optimisation strategy.
- Alexa offers a variety of bits of info about searches, demographics, and keywords.
- Google Analytics offers you the ability to check your website traffic. You can find out where your traffic is coming from and this can help you determine your next best move in SEO.
- Yoast – If you have a WordPress blog, Yoast is a free plug-in that helps you optimise each blog entry for maximum keyword efficacy. You can also easily create snippets for search engines to use in their listings. Optimising this bit of information can help you with SEO and it can also help you attract people from the search engine results pages. The goal isn’t only to get listed in the top ten search engine results for your targeted key phrase — it’s to be selected by the person deciding which result to click first, too!
- Google Alerts – Setting Google Alerts for your company name, brand name, keywords, and even your own name can all help you see newly indexed site pages. This can help you react with your own SEO and marketing efforts.
- Onlywire – Onlywire is a social bookmarklet that lets you send links out to a large number of social bookmarking sites. A few keystrokes could help you really amp up your social bookmarking efforts.
- SocialOomph – SocialOomph lets you schedule social media updates in advance and can even help you set up auto replies on your Twitter account. This could help you save a lot of time and help you boost your social marketing success, too.
There are a lot of free SEO tools that can help you succeed. Whether you use paid or free tools, consider talking to Market Ease Business Promotions for a free SEO consultation. We are a successful SEO Adelaide company and we’d love to show you how we can help you.