As an SEO Adelaide company who helps people with all facets of their online marketing, we believe in a diverse online marketing strategy so we do more than organic SEO alone. Pay per click can be a great way to drive traffic to highly targeted landing pages and could provide you with an excellent return on your marketing investment.
We’ve already shared some PPC Advertising Secrets here in the past. Here are some pay per click ad writing tips to help you succeed:
- Do keyword research. Take the time and energy to determine the best strategy to take. If you’re not well versed in this part of online marketing, get some help (Hint: call us!). There are tools and pay per click professionals who can help you choose the right keywords.
- Think like a customer when writing your headline. What would grab your attention? Check out some ads to see the strategies that others are using.
- Write ads based on the keyword phrases you’re using. One ad with multiple keywords slipped in won’t necessarily do the trick. When you write an ad and a landing page for a specific phrase you can better target the sort of people that would be searching for that phrase. Certain phrases and certain ads are more appropriate for a buy now page versus an opt-in page, or example.
- Split test various combinations so that you can see what sorts of results work best. You should do this with your ads and with the landing pages you direct people to.
- Take the time to maximize your Google pay per click score with Google by remembering to design the ad so that it closely matches the landing page that you are sending the clicker to. Get the keyword in the landing page URL, in the h1, h2, h3, in image tags, and so on. This will help you get better ad placement and help you convert more clickers.
- Don’t write cheques you aren’t prepared to cash. Deliver on your promises made in your ad copy!
- Double-check your ads to make sure they are error-free. (We’ve seen several laughable pay per click ads that are riddled with typos. This is a waste of money!)
- Regularly analyze your results to see what sort of ad copy, keywords, and landing page combinations work the best. Replicate this success!
Need help with pay per click or SEO? Call us on 1300 662 990.